Saturday, December 15, 2012

Week 27

Cauliflower was too boring and the lack of hockey in our lives right now is pretty depressing so we went hockey themed this week!

How far along? 27 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 16.8 lbs. I still have 13 weeks to go so I do not think that I will stick to my 25lb. goal.  Maybe 30lbs. gained will be my new goal!! 
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks? No. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Sleep: Sleeping great. This past week, I have woken up about 3:55-4:15am everyday to use the restroom and Leland is doing back-flips!! It is amazing how much you can actually feel.  Sometimes I get a little concerned about all of the movement I can feel.
 Other symptoms: Since this is a blog where I plan to keep track of my pregnancy (changing life and crafting creations) I guess I need to add this to the weekly update!  I have developed varicose veins.  Not the most pleasant things to have.  I have made it 27 weeks without any pain or sickness so I am not complaining...yet!  They are pretty painful when I stand up a lot, which is something I do for about 5 hours a day.  Teaching is not a job where you can sit all day, especially when you teach 4 year olds!  I am constantly walking around, helping children, walking up flights of stairs, playing with them on the playground, and moving from one place to another.  I have tried to make an effort to sit down as much as I can.  The kids bring me pillows from our cozy corner to sit on and are super sweet!  I try to take our puppy baby on a walk each day when I get home because he has been by himself in the house for 6-8 hours and I feel horrible about that!  Then, I take a warm bath each night and ice the veins.  Awesome.  Hopefully they won't get as bad as some of the comments that I have read from people on pregnancy blogs!
Best moment this week: Planning for baby Leland's nursery with Jill.  I feel much better having a plan about what exactly we are going to be making for the nursery! 
Movement: Yes! Lots.  I feel everything and sometimes it is WEIRD!!
Food cravings:  Sweets.  Mexican food - this is nothing new.  I could eat Mexican food every meal, every day, pregnant or NOT!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No.  
Have you started to show yet: Yes.
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out?  It is still in but getting A LOT flatter!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody: Happy!
  Looking forward to: Growing growing growing.  I'm pretty excited for the baby showers that are fast approaching!  Nate's sweet family in Buffalo has one planned for December 28th.  My sisters and my parent's friends have one scheduled for January 12th in Georgia, and my Nashville and Birmingham friends have one planned for February 2nd.  I'm sooooo excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment