Saturday, December 15, 2012

Baby Leland's Nursery Inspiration!


     A few months ago I saw a nursery pin on pinterest for a baby named Hank
( Daffodil Design ).  The nursery is painted a pale grey color and filled with all things "boy".  Most of the decorations are handmade, found on ETSY, or from a thrift store.  When looking at the pictures, it looks so peaceful.  She had a pillow sitting on a window bench made with Sarah Jane fabric of little boys playing with rocket chips.  It is so precious. When we found out we were having a boy, I immediately ran to the computer and just stared at her blog of her baby boy's nursery.  After our gender reveal party, I ordered several yards of Sarah Jane fabric from fabric.com!  My first purchase for Baby Leland!
    Above you will find Baby Leland's Nursery Inspiration board.  We painted the nursery a soft grey, Benjamin Moore Lattice to be exact.  It is the same color that fills our whole house.  It is amazing how the same color can look so different when paired with different accent colors.  I love that about paint!  I plan on using navy, red, and teal colors to accent the grey walls.  I am not normally into nautical themed rooms but I found some adorable Sarah Jane fabric of little boys playing pirates and then some crib sheets with adorable sailboats on them.  My sister in law, Jill Hickman over at Just Dandy is helping me with all of the bedding, curtains, and other fabric related creations!  You should check her stuff out on ETSY, it is amazing -  Oh Just Dandy.  We plan on making window length, navy and white stripe curtains for the two windows.  She is also making me a teal with white polka dot crib skirt and maybe one for the twin bed we have in the nursery as well!  When we planned last Saturday the list of things to do looks completely over-whelming.  She reassured me that we can get things done and we will do large projects first and then work down to smaller ones.  I think that I am most excited to make some adorably soft blankets using the printed Sarah Jane fabric backed with minky and a contrasting binding!  I can't wait to start completing projects!
    Last night, Nathan asked me what my plans were for the weekend.  I explained to him that I didn't have any.  He couldn't believe it.  So, last night before going to bed I managed to make an entire "To Do" list of things that we could do around the house, and more specifically, the nursery! Some of the tasks on the "To Do" list are: make bunting for above the crib with Sarah Jane fabric, make a 3-D cloud mobile with white felt and an embroidery hoop , cut out an "L"from hardwood and paint it red for above the crib, recover a lampshade I bought at a thrift store,and paint the precious child sized rocking chair for the reading nook from my cousins red!  Nathan was very excited to wake up this morning to a "To Do" list waiting for him!
    Now, I must get to crafting! Happy Saturday! I will share my creations later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment