Sunday, December 2, 2012

Week 24


How far along? 24 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 12 lbs. I am still STARVING all of the time.  It is unbelievable how much food I can actually consume.  I thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant on Thanksgiving and eating a TON of food!  The one thing that I have been watching is my sodium intake - less than 2,000 mg has been the goal and sticking to it has been HARD! I have also been trying to eat fresh fruits and veggies as much as I can.  Thankfully, I could eat a cold, sliced apple at any point in the day! Yummy! Spinach salads with green olives (sodium olives, so I can only eat 4 at a time) have been a favorite these last couple of weeks! 
Maternity clothes? Yes.  On Tuesday, November 27, I was MISERABLE!  I wore regular, grey corduroy pants with a belly band and a cute black top to work - non maternity.  I hadn't slept Monday night, my back was killing me, my feet were throbbing, and everything was TIGHT! I couldn't bend over, I was starving but didn't pack a great lunch, and I was an emotional wreck (I think I cried 4 times that day!).  It was the 1st time in these last 24 weeks that I had truly felt PREGNANT!  Nate had made me a lil' bath when I got home from work, I ate an entire box of baby spinach with a whole cucumber, an entire tomato, a whole onion, two carrots, and about 30 green olives!  I felt much better on Wednesday morning! 
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep: Sleeping great, but the time has come where I can't sleep on my back anymore.  I normally sleep on my side and back so I am still lucky that I'm not a stomach sleeper and can sleep on my side!
Best moment this week: NATE FELT LELAND KICK!  We went to a Gladiators hockey game in Atlanta while we were home for Thanksgiving.  It was the 4th period and I had felt Leland kick the hardest I had ever felt.  I grabbed Nate's hand and put it on my stomach and sure enough he kicked one more time!  It was very exciting!  We were both pretty pumped that it happened at a hockey game too!  My mom and dad were able to feel him when we got home from the hockey game that same night.  Nate has been feeling him ever since! 
Movement: Yes!  LOTS!  Every time I eat or drink anything, baby Leland goes crazy. He is moving so much at night before I go to bed and I can feel things that I didn't know were possible to feel!
Food cravings:  Sweets. I have made a few Sweet Cece's runs solo which is always a little awkward!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No.  
Have you started to show yet: Yes. I measured my stomach again this week and it is now 38.5 inches.  An inch and a half in about 9 days.  This will be interesting to see how huge I get in the next 16 weeks! 
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out?  It is still in but getting A LOT flatter!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody: Happy!
  Looking forward to:  Crafting with Aunt Jill next Saturday and getting my nursery inspiration board organized since I have about 300 ideas floating around in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment