Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas time in the city...

     I love Christmas time.  Really, I love anytime that I can decorate my house and spend time with family and do cutesy things! Nathan says that I can make any time an excuse to do cutesy things!
    This is our first Christmas in our own house and I was more than ready to decorate.  I have a whole list of things that I would LOVE to accomplish this holiday season:

1. decorate our home
2. have a cookie decorating party with friends
3. watch Christmas movies (really this should never be crossed off of a list because I could watch Christmas movies all year round!)
4. send out a family Christmas card
5. drive around to look at lights
6. go see the lights at Opry Land
7. go ice skating on an outdoor rink (I can't ice skate this year so I will have to settle with watching Nathan skate)
8. drink lots of hot chocolate!
9. participate in a white elephant gift exchange
10. play in the snow

I could add several more to the list, but these days I am trying to be reasonable with lists and don't want to make things too out of reach!
here is our Christmas chalkboard!

our mantle with just enough room for a stocking for baby Leland!


drinking hot chocolate with our puppy baby!

puppy baby posing in front of the fake tree we are using this year instead of a real one.

I wish that I could capture how beautiful our house looks with lights but I just can't seem to make it work.  We have little candles in each window and lighted garland around our door.  We strung white lights on the two large holly bushes on either side of our house.  It is perfect.  In fact, our cul-de-sac in our neighborhood is the prettiest!  Everyone was very classy with their decorations and it looks so beautiful at night! We are so lucky to live on such a wonderful street!


I wrote this with a silver pen on black card stock.  I LOVE it!
I will keep you updated on how much I have achieved on my Christmas to-do list! What would be your top 10 things to accomplish this Christmas season?

Our adorable Christmas tree from last year.  The bunting is my favorite!

Christmas piano with a precious Christmas baby!

Wedding invitation ornament!
2011 ornament I made with part of our real tree!
Update:
1. decorate our home
2. have a cookie decorating party with friends
3. watch Christmas movies (really this should never be crossed off of a list because I could watch Christmas movies all year round!)
4. send out a family Christmas card
5. drive around to look at lights
6. go see the lights at Opry Land
7. go ice skating on an outdoor rink (I can't ice skate this year so I will have to settle with watching Nathan skate)
8. drink lots of hot chocolate!
9. participate in a white elephant gift exchange
10. play in the snow

#2: Cookie decorating party with the Paper Leaf Society!

#9: Participate in a White Elephant book exchange!

#10: Play in the snow!

#7: Go ice skating!

#4: Send out a family Christmas Card!


Totally successful Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment