Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Week 5


Age: Five weeks old.  Tax Day! April 15, 2013.
Weight & Height: I haven't been weighed or measured in a little while.  My next appointment with the pediatrician will be on my 8 week old birthday.  
Things I enjoy: I still love laying on my changing pads.  I love looking at the fans in the living room and Sabres room.  I have peed in my dad's face countless times while he is changing my diaper!  I love the morning time!  We get up as a family around 7:00am and my dad changes my diaper (that is always super full because I have slept for about 4-5 hours) Then, my mom feeds me and when I'm finished I snuggle with dad for about an hour before he has to get ready for work.  I am so happy in the morning which makes my mom and dad really happy too!  While I snuggle with dad, mom usually makes coffee and breakfast for herself, makes dad's lunch, and takes my brother outside and feeds him.  Then, when it's time for dad to get ready I am ready to eat again!  This past week, I was driving my mom and dad crazy because they still haven't accepted that my fussy time ranges from 7:00pm-11:00pm.  It may last all 4 hours or I may fuss for just an hour.  My mom remembered that her friend used an exercise ball to help her baby settle down.  So, mom got out her exercise ball!  I LOVE IT!  Dad is so good at bouncing me.  Whenever I want to bounce, I just fuss, fuss, fuss and then he hops right on and bounces until I stop!  It also helps me burp.
My mom straps me in just in case I get crafty and roll off of the table!

Skills I've mastered: Sleeping, Nursing, and following my mom and dads voice when they talk to me! 
Tough times:  This day wasn't tough for me, but my mom was pretty exhausted.  On Wednesday, April 17th I was going though another growth spurt and ate 16 times in 24 hours!  It was so wonderful.  My mom didn't have anything to do that day so I would just eat and then we would snuggle together in bed and take naps and have mommy and baby time!  I loved it! 
Exciting Events: On Monday to went to my future school for my first faculty meeting at Westminster! I loved being in the Purple Room!  My mom and Aunt Annie's classroom is so cool.  They have so many things to look at on the walls and hanging from the ceiling!  I went back to school on Thursday and Friday this week so that my mom could do Parent/Teacher Conferences with Aunt Annie.  I was so good!  I stayed in my car seat in Housekeeping and ate during one of their breaks and then again when conferences were over.  All of the parents loved seeing me!  I can't wait to meet my mom's students, but I have to wait until I'm a little bit older.  This weekend I got to meet Uncle Eric.  He is funny and gives Aunt Lindsay such a hard time...hehe.  I like him!  On Saturday, I hung out with Aunt Lindsay, my great Aunt Anna Claire and my cousins.  It was so much fun and Great Aunt Anna Claire was making me laugh so hard when she was holding me.  It was the first time that I laughed at someone!  This weekend I went out to dinner on Friday night and Saturday night!  I was so good.  Friday night we went to Lemongrass and Saturday night we went to Taco Mamacitas for Emily's birthday.  I liked how loud the restaurants were.  My dad fed me a bottle at both restaurants so I wasn't fussy at all!  Mom and dad were so happy about that!
Aunt Lindsay held me while she ate her sushi at Lemongrass! I'm a lucky guy!

Looking forward to:  I am looking forward to having my Mimi come back and take care of me.  My mom is going to go back to work on April 29th.  I'll be 7 weeks old.  There are only 14 days of school left so she is going to work from 8:30am-12:30pm.  My Mimi is going to watch me the first week and then Pop Pop and my Nana (who I am so excited to meet) is going to come the next week and then my neighbor is going to watch me for a few days the last week.  I'm a little nervous for my mom to be gone but glad that Mimi is coming back to visit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment