Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Week 1

One week old!
Age: One week old. March 18th, 2013
Weight & Height: 7 lb 1 oz. on Friday, March 15th, 2013. 20.5 inches long.  I left the hospital weighing 6lb 13oz.  I gained 4 oz in 24 hours!  The nurses and doctor were so proud of my mom and me!
Things I enjoy: I love sleeping.  I sleep too much actually.  My mom and dad have to constantly wake me up while I am nursing so that I eat and gain a lot of weight! They rub me with cold wash cloths and tickle my feet, which I hate! I am a pooping and peeing master.  On my first night home, my mom was checking my diaper on her bed and I peed all over the place, even in my mouth! It was a welcome home present that I had been planning for the last 4 days.  I have a wonderful sense of humor!
Skills I've mastered: sleeping!
Tough times: I sleep a lot while nursing and it can make my mom pretty frustrated.  She is always worrying if I am getting enough to eat.  I think that my blood sugar dropping in the hospital the night before we left scared her.  Hopefully at my two week appointment she will see that I am eating plenty and gaining the right amount of weight! 
Exciting Events: We all came home from the hospital on Thursday, March 14th, 2013 at 11:00am.  I got to meet my big brother.  He was pretty loud and so excited to see mom and dad.  I'm glad that he likes me and has forgiven mom and dad for leaving him for 4 whole days.  My mom's milk came in the night that we came home and I got to drink so much!  It was wonderful!  I also peed all over mom and dad's bed riiiight before they were going to put me in the bassinet!  Hahaha! Dad is so good at swaddling me.  I really like being swaddled nice and tight before bed. 
Looking forward to:  I am looking forward to nursing, nursing, nursing!
here I am meeting my big brother for the first time!

my 1st sleep in the bassinet that was bought for my Pop Pop when he was born!

Dad and me watching my 1st hockey game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment