Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Week 3

Three Weeks Old!
Age: Three weeks old.  April 1, 2013.
Weight & Height: Last weight was 7 lb 15 oz. on Monday, March 25th, 2013. 20.5 inches long.  
Things I enjoy: I am sleeping better and better at night.  I still love nursing, and my new favorite thing is to cluster nurse for about 5 hours straight from about 5:00pm-10:00pm.  It makes my mom pretty tired, but she knew about the growth spurt that I would go through around 3 weeks!  
Skills I've mastered: sleeping and cluster nursing!  
Tough times: I am going though a growth spurt right now and I like to nurse at random times.  There have been several days that I nurse every 45 minutes.  I think my mom gets a little stressed out. 
Exciting Events: My 3 week old birthday is also my mom and dad's 2 year wedding anniversary.  They went to dinner together to Lemongrass and I stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa.  Mom got to eat sushi for the first time in about 10 months.  She was very excited about that!
Here we are!  My whole family!

Speaking of Grandma and Grandpa.  They came all the way from Buffalo to meet me.  They got here on Saturday evening and stayed with me a whole week.  They even brought me my very 1st Eater basket and a whole bunch of other goodies.  I have them wrapped around my little finger already!!   Haha.  My mom went and saw her kids at school for picture day.  I know that she has been missing them and Aunt Annie a lot.  I stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa.  They are so fun.  My Grandma talks to me the whole time that she is holding me and tells me how precious I am.  Grandma even plays the piano for me!  I love laying with Grandpa on his tummy while watching the Sabres play.  I heard my mom and dad talking and hopefully we will be going to Buffalo for the 4th of July.  I miss them already! On April 4, 2013 I went to the Red Bicycle with Aunt Sarah for a coffee and crepe date.  My mom fed me right before we left the house but of course I was hungry about 45 minutes later.  My mom nursed me in public for the first time!!  She was so excited.  Aunt Sarah was there to help if mom needed it.  Mom did a pretty good job and was glad that she was with Aunt Sarah for her first time because she is so calm and collected in times like this so my mom wasn't nervous at all!  Total Success!
totally natural!  NIP and drinking a turtle latte!

Then, we went to dinner at The Pharmacy with Grandma, Aunt Jill, and cousin Addison and I was hungry again right when we got there.  Mom nursed me while we were waiting for our table in the front area of the crowded restaurant!  She even walked with me nursing to our table.  The greeter there offered to carry my car seat and diaper bag so I didn't have to stop eating and then made sure that no one bumped into my mom while we were walking to the table. Shout out to the rockstar greeter and the Pharmacy for being cool with breast feeding moms!
Addison wanted Leland to hear a story while he was having "dinner"! He loves his cousin!
Looking forward to:  I can tell that my mom is still trying to get the hang of breast feeding and being super mom.  She reads all kinds of articles, blogs, and looks in books (Dr. Sears books are her favorite) about things that she is wondering about.  I have heard her say to friend that she thought that all of this would be a lot more natural feeling.  Everyone keeps telling her that 6 weeks is the magic number and if she can make it that far then she is golden.  Her shoulder is still hurting her, and I know that is so frustrating for her.  My dad is a rockstar and always changes my diaper when he is home and holds me the second that he walks in the door from work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment