Monday, February 4, 2013

34 Weeks


My belly is starting to look more torpedo like, especially during the Braxton Hicks contractions!

We added some stuffed animals to the "reading buddies" basket because I have had a lot of questions about what that thing was for!
How far along? 34 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 21.2 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks? No. Keeping my fingers crossed!  Still love using my Mama Belly Oil.
Sleep: Sleeping great!
 Other symptoms: Varicose veins are not my friend.  However, they have not gotten any worse in the last 4 weeks so that is a blessing. 
Best moment this week:  I had a baby shower on Saturday and it was sensational!  I knew that my mom was coming up for the baby shower on Thursday and I was hoping that my big sister was going to be with her, but I didn't know for sure.  I got home from school and they were both in the van.  I was so excited!  Kristen told me she brought me something special in the van and to come over by the car and MY AUNT JUDY WAS IN THE CAR!!!!!  I had NO idea that she was coming.  She kept messaging me each week when I would send her a weekly chalkboard picture how sad she was about not being able to see me pregnant.  TRICKSTER!!!! It was so much fun having so many people at my house.  My little sister, Lindsay, came up on Friday night so she could baby at the baby shower too!  My older sister, Kristen, also took some maternity photos of me and being one of the most impatient people in the world I am dying to see some of them edited!   The baby shower was sensational.  As promised in my week 33 post, I will do a whole blog post on baby showers!  They have been so wonderful that they need their own personal post!  Also, my mom bought me the most comfortable pajamas on the planet from Pea in the Pod.  I got a nursing tank top and black pajama pants, a beautiful and comfortable robe that I will wear forever, a sexy lil' nursing nightgown, and a "Let Me Out" shirt to wear to the hospital as well!!  Getting items of clothing that you feel good in when you're pregnant is such a wonderful feeling!

 (If it looks like I am holding myself in the pic to the left, you're right!  I peed in my pants and started crying when I saw Aunt Judy!)
(These are just pics from my iPhone with an Instagram filter added to them - I can not WAIT for the real pics to be edited and sent to me!)
Movement: Yes! Lots. 
Food cravings:  Sweets. Rootbeer floats!
Anything making you queasy or sick: nothing right now! 
Have you started to show yet: Yes.Nate and I think that my stomach is getting larger and larger each day!  It is definitely becoming more torpedo-like.
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions are becoming more frequent and intense (not painful) and I often do the pregnancy waddle!
Belly Button in or out?  Still IN but totally FLAT!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody: Happy!
  Looking forward to: We have our 35 week appointment with the midwife on Thursday, February 7th at 3:00pm.  I'm so excited.  I love hearing his heartbeat (it sounds a lot more "normal" than it did early on which I like) and having the midwife tell us what position he is in so I can visualize what he is doing in there when he is moving! Our primary midwife moved to Arkansas so we get to have a new midwife, and I am hoping to meet a new one at each of our future appointments.  Whoever is on call when we go into labor will be the one who helps with delivery so we want to meet all 5 of the midwives.    

No comments:

Post a Comment