Saturday, February 9, 2013

35 Weeks





How far along? 35 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 22 lbs.
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks? No. Keeping my fingers crossed!  Still love using my Mama Belly Oil.
Sleep: Sleeping great!
 Other symptoms: Varicose veins are not my friend.  However, they have not gotten any worse in the last 4 weeks so that is a blessing. Week 35 has started off with a bang!  It is like my body is trying to tell me: YOU ARE PREGNANT SO START ACTING LIKE IT!  I have backaches, pregnancy brain (lil' story on that later), heartburn, swollen hands and feet, numb fingertips, exhaustion (I'm waiting for this "nesting stage" to kick in), fits of hunger, not able to eat full meals, not able to eat while sitting down which is pretty awkward, and a full bladder ALL of the time!  I am doing all of the things that I have read to help these symptoms.  I drink almost 120 ounces of water a day, I eat raw almonds and milk to help with heartburn (and have the occasional TUMS), I walk everyday for about 30-45 minutes with the Puppy Baby, and try to sit down a lot to help with the varicose veins.  I am pretty thankful though that all of these symptoms have not caught up with me until now, at 35 weeks.  I know that some people have things much worse than me all throughout their pregnancy, and for that I am thankful. 
Best moment this week:  We had an appointment with the midwives on Thursday.  He is still head down, fingers crossed he stays that way for the next 5-7 weeks!  His heartbeat was 147 and it was so fun hearing it again!  When she measured me (from the pubic bone to the top of the uterus) I was measuring anywhere from 35-37.5cm because Leland was putting on some sort of show in my stomach and did not want to stay still! They say you should measure in centimeters the same number of weeks you are, in my case that would be 35cm.  He was kicking and shaking his bottom like no ones business in there! 
Jill finished the curtains for the nursery and Nate hung them last night!  They look so great.  When we peeked in the nursery this morning it was pretty dark so the black out fabric was a good purchase!
Movement: Yes! Lots.  He is going to be a lil' soccer player I'm sure.....and ice hockey player! 
Food cravings:  Sweets. Rootbeer floats!
Anything making you queasy or sick: nothing right now! 
Have you started to show yet: Yes.  Nate and I think that my stomach is getting larger and larger each day!  It is definitely becoming more torpedo-like.
Gender: BOY!
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks contractions are becoming more frequent and intense but not painful.
Belly Button in or out?  Still IN but totally FLAT!
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody: Happy!
  Looking forward to:.....having a baby!  I am ready to have a baby - or as ready as I'll ever be, I think?!  The more I try to plan and prepare, the more nervous I become.  I think that I just need to relax and know that things are out of my hands.  We are still doing our Hypnobabies sessions each Sunday night and have started doing our "stretches" since we are 6 weeks out from our "guess date."  I am still doing all of the recommended "exercises" (not as often as I should but I guess anything is better than nothing).  I also can't WAIT to see all of the edited maternity pictures that my sister took this past weekend!  
I took down the bunting over the crib and hung this adorable paper airplane and cloud backdrop that Jill made for the baby shower.  It was so cute, I had to use it in the nursery!

1 comment:

  1. Katie, you are such a doll!! You have made my weekend by sharing your blog. Little Leland will be here before you know it, I know y'all are so excited!! Leland is a lucky little boy, my little Belle is 100% sure that you hung the moon!! The Dyer's can't wait to meet Baby Leland!!


    Xoxo,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete