Sunday, January 27, 2013

33 Weeks

getting bigger and bigger!
frontal views are my new favorite.  my stomach looks so crazy to me.  i love it! plus, i am often caught standing or sitting holding my stomach just like this in all sorts of places - both public and private!


when my shirt is down, my stomach looks a little more torpedo like than when you see it bare in all it's glory!
How far along? 33 Weeks I can not believe we are in single digit weeks now!  Just 7-9 more weeks to go depending on when Leland decides to make his presence!
Total weight gain/loss: 20.3 pounds gained. 
Maternity clothes? Yes.  I live in my black maternity leggings!  This last week I have been pulling on my Old Navy Rockstar (that are cheap and very stretchy) jeans so I can feel a little less pregnant and a little more normal when I go out places.  It really does work.  I no longer wear the Belly Band - it was SO tight for me that I think I only wore it 3 times.  I used to do the rubber-band trick through the button hole, but now I just leave them totally unbuttoned and unzipped and wear a long tank top! Perfection. 
Stretch marks? No. Keeping my fingers crossed!  A friend of mine gave me this bottle of Mama Belly Oil (lavender, camomile, and red mandarin oil) that I have been rubbing all over my body!  It smells sensational and by sensational, I mean I smell like a fancy spa which I am okay with!  
Sleep: I am still sleeping a lot at night.  Gravity is kicking in, and my pregnant belly is finally starting to pull on my back when I lay on my side.  I used to be able to just have a pillow in between my legs, but now I need one under my stomach for some additional support!
 Other symptoms: Varicose veins have not been as swollen this past week which is great.  I do sit down a lot at work which has been helping. 
Best moment this week:  I found out that a dear friend is having a BOY!!  So exciting!  Nate and I went through our first Hypnobabies "class" this past Sunday night which was a fun first step in our birthing process.  Also, I bought NEW MAKEUP yesterday!  How fun is that.  I used Christmas money from my students and bought new eyeshadow, eyebrow pencils, my first makeup brush, and this primer for my eyelids that I am supposed to put on before eyeshadow - who knew!  I am going to a makeup class next Friday afternoon and they are going to teach me how to apply makeup and I am going to buy new blush, a blush brush, and mascara!  How fun.  MAC is my all time favorite makeup!
Hypnobabies & Birthing Preparation Update:  We decided to do the home study of Hypnobabies for our birthing preparation.  My friend gave us all of her materials from when she did the group study for her first birth and highly recommended the program.  It has also saved us about $350 by using her materials and studying at home.  There are scripts and cd's and all sorts of things that I am supposed to be practicing each week.  It is pretty intense.  We have our second "class" tonight!  I will update on Hypnobabies next week too and give a little bit of background on why we decided to use this method for our birth prep! Sweet sweet husband is reading, The Birth Partner by Penny Simkin.  This book was recommended to us by the doulas at 9 Months and Beyond.  Several of the doulas said that they bring this book with them to each birth they attend.  When Nate finishes the book he is passing it off to my mom and she is going to read it as well. 
Movement: Yes! Lots. 
Food cravings:  Sweets. Rootbeer floats!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing right now.    
Have you started to show yet: Yes.
Gender: BOY!  Leland Henning Kivett!
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks Contractions!  These are getting more serious which is pretty crazy and making this all the more real.  I have to stop and breathe through them almost every time I get these now.  I bet that people think that I am a little crazy when I am mid stride through the Green Hills Mall and suddenly stop.  Before it just felt like my stomach was getting tight and now it feels as though Leland is going to burst right through my belly button!
Belly Button in or out?  It is still IN.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody: Happy!
  Looking forward to: I am so looking forward to my third baby shower this coming weekend.  How lucky am I that I get three baby showers (and another one to come from the sweet sweet Moms of the kids in my class)!  People are so so sweet wanting to celebrate baby Leland!  It will be at my sister in law's house and I can't wait!!  (I will be doing a whole post on Baby Showers at a later date to show off all of the precious details and hard work that everyone put in to make them so special!)

No comments:

Post a Comment