Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Weeks 18, 19, & 20!

Age: 18 weeks, July 15, 2013
Weight & Height: My mom and Dad think that I weigh about 15 pounds, but I haven't been to the pediatrician in a while! I am definitely getting taller because Mom has had to put all of my 0-3month clothes away and now I am wearing 3-6 month clothes!
Tough Times: I have still been a little bit out of sorts with my teeth coming in. 
Exciting Events: We celebrated Mommy's birthday yesterday!  Dad stamped my feet in white paint and then cut out my footprints to put into a card for Mom.  How cute! Mom loved it.  Dad also gave Mommy some gift cards because Mommy wants to buy new clothes.  We went to church and I was an angel baby in Sunday School and then Dad and Mom and I all went to Opry Mills mall so Mom could try to find some clothes.  She only bought a pair of shoes.  I think that she wants to go shopping all by herself for some peace and quiet instead of with Dad and me!  We also went to have coffee at the Red Bicycle with her friends Nao, and Katie Bingeman.  Mom was so happy to see old friends! On Sunday night for Mommy's birthday we all went to Nacho's Mexican restaurant and then came back to our house for ice cream sandwich cake that Daddy made for Mommy.  On Monday, Mom and I went to have lunch with Keri (Mommy's old friend), her Mom, sister in law, and two kids.  It was a blast and Mom is always glad when she gets to see old friends.  
Looking forward to...  I can't wait for my two cousins, Lily and Madelyne and my Aunt Kristen to come visit for the week! Mom has so many fun events planned for when they are here.  Next week is Princess & Pirate camp at Aunt Annies house!  I'm so excited to go.  Mom is nervous about bringing me.  She has a plan, but she is learning more and more that the best laid plans can be ruined very easily when you have a 4 month old!
 Age: 19 weeks
Weight & Height: Still about 15 pounds according to our scale at home!
Tough Times: Well, I am still teething but no new teeth have come in.  I am a drooling mess and now Mom understands why some babies wear bibs 24 hours a day!
Exciting Events:  I had such a fun time with my cousins.  Lily held me and entertained me every second that I was awake.  Madelyne is so grown up and would help supervise Lily.  Madelyne was so patient with her little sister and was so good with talking to me and making sure Lily was holding me correctly.  On Friday night, July 19th we all went to the Full Moon Pickin' Party at Edwin Warner Park.  Uncle Robbie, Anna Claire, Laurel, Frances, Margaret, Aunt Kristen, Madelyne, Lily, and Sarah and Daron were all there.  We brought a picnic dinner and Mom and Dad drank some beer and we listened to some great music.  It was a lot of fun.  Mom and Dad had a blast and there were plenty of people there to hold me!  On Saturday we went to Cumberland Park and played in the fountains.  All of my cousins wanted to hold me while I was in the water.  I was such a good boy.  This week was also the first week of Princess & Pirate Camp.  Dad watches me in the morning and brings me to camp around 9:45am and I sleep until about 12:00.  The kids absolutely LOVED having me there.  I even met some of the students who are going to be in the Purple Room with Mom this year.  I wore a bandana and played pirates with the kids.  By the end of the day Mommy is absolutely exhausted.  We came home and took naps a couple of times. 
Looking forward to...

 Age: 20 weeks.  July 29, 2013. 
Weight & Height: 15.1 pounds. 
Tough Times:  I got sick for the first time this week.  On Tuesday, Mom and I came home from Princess & Pirate Camp and I was acting a little off.  Mom was calm at first.  I was sleeping a lot and eating fine and when we got home I was a little fussy so Mom took me upstairs to change my diaper and I was acting constipated and feeling very warm.  She took my temperature and it was 100.9*.  She didn't panic at first but then I was not putting any pressure on my legs when she was holding me on her lap and as she describes, I was acting like I was fainting.  Then she started freaking out and called Dad.  She couldn't get a hold of the pediatricians office so she called her friend Keven and he calmed her down a little bit.  Dad finally got a hold of Old Harding Pediatrics and they suggested that we come in for a check up to make sure that I was ok.  When we got there I was laughing and giggling and drooling and spitting.  They took my temperature and it was 102.6*.  Mom was glad that we came to the pediatricians office.  I was feeling better and they told her to nurse me a lot and give me some Motrin if I was very fussy and couldn't sleep.  When we got home from the doctor's office I slept for about 3 hours.  I snuggled with Dad a lot that first night.  Wednesday I was feeling better and Aunt Brittany took care of me at Princess & Pirate Camp so Mom would be able to focus her attention on the campers.  Wednesday night Mom and I snuggled and slept together in the twin bed in my room.  I nursed a lot that night and still had a fever.  Dad stayed home from work on Thursday and took care of me.  We went for car rides together and he brought me to Princess & Pirate Camp so I could eat a couple of times. 
Exciting Events:  On Thursday afternoon on August 1st Mom and Dad and I all went to my new school, Harpeth Heights Weekday to meet my new teachers.  Mom was so excited and I was a maniac.  I was screaming and yelling up a storm.  I guess I was trying to convey that I was so excited about going to school!

Looking forward to...  more Princess & Pirate Camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment