Tuesday, May 29, 2012

We bought our first home!

On January 8, 2012 we went and looked at some houses with our real estate agent. She sent us about 25 houses to look at on paper. We were supposed to narrow it down to comes that really intrigued us. I narrowed it down to about 12. I sent her the ones that we liked and on that Sunday only 5 of the 12 were still available. My most favorite was still on that list... Thank goodness. We went and saw our home 2nd and I just LOVED it! We looked at 3 more after that and came back to check out our house one more time. It was the most expensive but also the biggest and newest. Nate and I thought that we wanted to live in a neighborhood and not a subdivision with a HOA. However, this home was perfect. It was on a cul-de-sac and the neighborhood playground was next door. The house had a level, fenced in backyard. It had 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. Plus, it had a loft area that would be perfect for Nate's man cave!
We told Sharon we were ready and the next day, Monday, we put in an offer. I felt like it took forever to hear back from the sellers. They countered our offer and we countered back and they accepted. The entire process took 19 days. Good thing for me since I am horrible impatient.
We moved in on January 28th!



Signing our papers!


Nate and me with our real estate agent Sharon Graham (who is the mom of a friend from high school!)


Hubby Nate was SUPER pumped about moving!




This picture was taken on the first day we went and saw the house.... Juuuust on case we happened to own it one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment