Thursday, December 23, 2010

a white Christmas

Well, I just arrived in Atlanta last night after 6 full days of snow and family in Buffalo, New York. It was an amazing time. When we arrived there was about 3-4 feet of snow on the ground which is just how I like it. We went skiing at Kissing Bridge on Monday. Thank goodness it is like riding a bike and I remembered how to do it! These past three years I have gone to Buffalo and snowboarded and skied and it has been amazing and I have realized just how much I miss the snow and winter sports. After our skiing adventure this year, I have decided that I need to invest in a good pair of skis, boots, goggles, snow gloves, and some pants! Nate and I will be snow boarding or skiing at least once a year, hopefully more, so I feel it necessary that I have some decent and comfortable skis! Also while we were in Buffalo, we went sledding a couple of times. It is just one of those things that brings out the kid in you (which for me, doesn't take much!) I scream very loudly and flail my arms and yell and cry out of excitement!

On Tuesday, Nate and I went into the city and went ice skating on an outdoor rink under beautiful Christmas lights and next to a Buffalo Sabres Christmas tree! It was perfect....and FREEZING but still fun! We went with several of his friends and had dinner at Pearl Street and then walked over to the game. I was decked out in Sabres gear from head to toe...literally. Nate bought me Buffaol Sabres earrings, I had a t-shirt, and leg warmers! Perfect! It was a total blast and so much fun finally getting to watch a hockey game up North!


On Wednesday before I flew home, Nate and I made a pit stop at an old hill that he used to snowboard at and did a little sledding! It was so fun and it was just us so that made it even more perfect! I wish that Nashville got some more snow so we could enjoy it more!



1 comment:

  1. yayayayayayay! Love the pics. I am so glad y'all had fun! love you

    ReplyDelete