Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Well, it is officially Christmas in Grayson, Georgia, but since I am not sleeping I am still considering it Christmas Eve. I wrapped all of my presents this past hour and hung out with my sisters and mom and dad. Lindsay and I opened one present and it was a University of Georgia SNUGGIE! I have been wanting one since Thanksgiving and am now obsessed. I think that I may add a column on the blog that includes an ongoing list of all of the things that you can do with a SNUGGIE!

Since I have been home, I have had a pretty amazing time. Yesterday was pretty awesome/emotional (weird for me)! I went to the alterations place with my little sister and mom to try on my great grandmothers wedding dress for my first "fitting" after some alterations had been made......TOTAL DISASTER! It was no fault of the seamstress, just the fault of my body not wanting to cooperate with a 120 year old wedding dress. The seamstress had done all things that I had asked but I looked as if I was 75 pounds overweight and altering the dress was not going to solve the problem. So, Lindsay texted my older sister, Kristen, "911 dress disaster, meet at mom and dad's house." Kristen met us at my house, and Lindsay ran down to the basement to warn my dad of the emotional breakdown that was about to occur. I went downstairs and cried because the wedding dress that I had been wanting to wear for oh so long was not going to happen and it was exactly 99 days before my wedding. Well, the 5 of us piled into the car and went to David's Bridal to try on dresses!!!!!!!! It was so much fun and I tried on everything under the sun. It was between two totally different dresses and I chose......I can't say because Nathan reads the blog occasionally and this time, all things bride are going to be a total surprise to him! yay!

Well, Santa Clause is coming tonight so I need to count my blessings, remember the real reason for Christmas and head to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment