Sunday, September 16, 2012

Little Baby Kivett: weeks 12, 13, & 14

Well, we are heading into the second trimester (I can not believe it!).  It seems like things are moving so fast at times, and other times I feel like I have been pregnant forever (which is not a bad thing!).  I have loved the feeling of growing a little tot inside me and am very excited about all of the changes that are about to happen! 
How far along? 12 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 1.6 lbs.
Maternity clothes? No.
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep: Sleeping great
Best moment this week:  Telling my Grandma Davies that she was going to be a Great Grandma Davies (again)!  She was SUPER excited! 
Movement: No.
Food cravings: Peaches!  I am getting a little nervous that peach season is coming to an end.  They have been my go to snack since I haven't really craved anything except them.  I eat them whenever I am hungry to get rid of the nausea.  That is the weirdest feeling I have experienced.  Before being pregnant I would just get hungry.  Now, when I am hungry I feel like I could puke which does not make you want to eat anything!  I have also been trying not to gain too much weight in the first trimester and didn't want to eat 5 million crackers or chips whenever I felt sick so I have stuck with peaches and they have done the job pretty well!
Anything making you queasy or sick: being hungry!
Have you started to show yet: a little bit.  It sort of looks like i have a flabby beer belly which is s attractive!
Gender: ?
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody: Happy!
  Looking forward to:Mailing out our adorable announcements! 

This was so much fun to send out!  My awesome sister, Kristen ( http://www.facebook.com/kristenmeredithphotography ) took photos of Nate and me with the baby TOMS at the beach when we were just 5 weeks pregnant.  They are so beautiful, but I found something on Pinterest that had the family's puppy in the picture to announce the pregnancy and just HAD to retake the shots.  My friend, Sarah took this photo in about 5 minutes (which is record time when you have a 4 month puppy trying to eat the camera, the treats, and the baby TOMS!)  Nate did a little editing an we printed then at Kinkos with a grey and white chevron pattern on the back.  I am OBSESSED!  We plan on hanging the pictures my sister took in the nursery because they are so soft and beautiful with the greys and tans from the sandy beach! 
How far along? 13 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 1.6 lbs.
Maternity clothes? No.
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep: Sleeping great
Best moment this week:  Mailing out our announcements and announcing on Facebook! 
Movement: No.
Food cravings: Peaches! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: being hungry!
Have you started to show yet: a little bit.  It sort of looks like i have a flabby beer belly which is s attractive!
Gender: ?
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody: Happy!
  Looking forward to: our next doctor's appointment.  I hope that we can hear the baby's heartbeat and find out when we will be able to have our next ultrasound so we can find out the gender!

How far along? 14 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 1.8 lbs.
Maternity clothes? No.
Stretch marks? No.
Sleep: Sleeping great
Best moment this week:  My stomach got REALLY hard for the first time while Nate and I were babysitting! It was crazy.  It hasn't stayed that hard but it is definitely looking more like a baby bump and not a belly full of beer!
Movement: No.
Food cravings: No. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: being hungry! On Friday morning right after we took this pictures, I felt SO sick!  Peaches, cantaloupe, apples, nor orange juice helped.  I think I am going to have to eat the crackers! Also, Friday night I got my first pregnancy migraine.  HORRIBLE.  I get migraines normally and have been so thankful I haven't had any this far.  With being pregnant, I can't take the normal medications so it was very painful, and included vomit, and tears, and a sleepless night - I guess we were preparing for life with a baby!
Have you started to show yet: It is getting harder and looking less like a belly full of beer!
Gender: ?
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody: Happy!
  Looking forward to: Our appointment is in 2 days and I can hardly stand it I am so excited!



1 comment:

  1. Hi I was on Pinterest and noticed you have the same last name as my maiden name. It’s not very common so I was wondering were you were from.

    ReplyDelete